At National Institute of Neurological and Allied Sciences, we continuously strive to prevent paralysis and disabilities from neurological disorders. With state of art technology, our teams of doctors strive to provide excellent neurological service in a timely and effective manner.
Nestled in Kathmandu valley , we aspire to provide.
All our services exceed international standards and compete with globally recognized institutions.
- World-class care in a Nepali setting. We envision providing top services to our patients and spearheading the advancement of Neurology and Neurosurgery in the region.
- An outstanding Neurology Department.
- Excellent training of technical Human Resources within our Medical Team to increase local expertise.
- Research relevant to the needs of our region and providing recommendation for evidence based interventions.
A patient with a potential paralysing or life-threatening ailment of the brain or the spinal cord, can recover completely and return as a productive member to society, if effective treatment is accessible and provided on time. At Neuro Hospital, we offer exceptional services through the help of a dedicated team of physicians and surgeons trained by Prof.Upendra Devkota. The neurosurgery team is supported by a Neurology Department, lead by Dr. Lekhjung Thapa. We continually strive to deliver impeccable care to our patients and hope to create the best possible environment for their recovery.
The Upendra Devkota Memorial National Institute of Neurology and Allied Sciences:
- Employs on-call consultants from several different medical disciplines, to assist staff as well as physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Provides quality neurological services based on the appropriate use of new, inventive technology sensitive to the socio-economic realities of our patients
- Encourages an environment where Dr Upendra Devkota’s extensive neurosurgical experience is passed on to his associates and trainees.
- We are instrumental in realising the vision of regional collaboration in all three facets of neurosciences; services, training and research.
Population based studies project the annual requirement for neurological consultations in Nepal is approximately 1.5 million, and that for neurosurgical procedures about 25,000. The existing Neurosciences facilities in Nepal have been able to tend to less than 10% of the need. Neuro Hospital makes a major contribution towards meeting this shortage in services.
Our institution is nestled, away from the busy bustle of Kathmandu city. Our patients receive the best care through our luscious and green environment of Neuro hospital.